Welcome to the blog that chronicles my wanderings through the world of museums, heritage sites and visitor attractions since the beginning of 2008!

You can view the museums that I have been to via the Google map on the right.


Tuesday 20 May 2014

Blog posts on the horizon!

Hello all!

Rather than let this small corner of the internet sit unloved and dusty, I have resolved to give blogging another go.

My previous plan - of just using this platform to digitise my journal entries - was too difficult given that I have so many demands on my time and transcribing old entries is somehow more difficult than sitting down and tapping away on the keyboard. I'd hope I'd be able to pepper the new content with these entries every now and again, but ultimately, this blog would not be feasible if I were going to stick to my original mission statement.

So, the plan is to update the blog weekly at the very least for the next eight/8* entries. This week, I have posted my memories of The Late Shows 2010-13, and the follow up blog post will be on this year's Late Shows, which passed this previous weekend. After that, I want to write about the last 7 places that I have added to my journal index, which were the seven places I visited on my recent holiday. These are, in order:

190) Sudbury Hall and the National Trust Museum of Childhood, Sudbury
191) Fort Nelson, Fareham
192) Andover Museum and Museum of the Iron Age, Andover
193) Hughenden Manor, High Wycombe
194) Snibston Discovery Museum, Coalville
195) Nostell Priory, Nostell
196) The Workhouse, Southwell

After that, I want to interact with people who read this blog. So what I thought I'd do is get any commenter's choice of venue from the places I have been to, and write about it. Either pick a number at random, or go through the list alongside my Google Map and pick out the museum, heritage site or visitor attraction you want to read about. Once I have the number, I will write up my anecdotal memories of the place - at what pace, I'm not sure, but we'll see how the experiment goes!

All comments and advice welcome!

Ian


*I never know what is the better way to write a number, which is why I tend to switch it up between the digit and the number's spelling. You'll see that a sentence or two along when I do that with the number 7 - and in this sentence as well! Apologies in advance if that's a punctuation no-no which is going to annoy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Either comment on the blog post or share your thoughts on this museum/visitor attraction.